Sunday, September 25, 2011

Christ's Love

Today as I was thinking of what time in Christ's life to focus on I thought of this picture and knew that it's exactly what I wanted to do. This picture is "Christ's Love" painted by Del Parson. This year I'm an RA at Wyview and as an RA we're supposed to come up with a theme for our building for the year. My theme for the year is "Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal" from 2 Nephi 9:39. I searched all over trying to find a picture that would fit with this theme and then I found this picture and I instantly fell in love with it. This is now my favorite picture of Christ. It's so simple and yet so loving. I always picture Christ as smiling and happy and laughing. Not many pictures of Him depicts this, so I was really happy when I found this picture. As I was searching for a scripture to go along with this picture I found one that doesn't necessarily talk about Christ's Love but still fits. John 13:15, 17 says "For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them." Written next to verse 17 I have written "Love as I have loved you." Christ is the perfect example of love. He loved us so much that He willingly came to this earth and atoned for our sins. He loves us so much that He wants us to become like Him and in order for that to happen, He paid the ultimate price. What great love He has for us and I hope I can follow His example and love as He loves me. I also love how it says that if we follow His example we can be happy. I truly believe that by following my Savior's example and loving others that I can be happy. I find that I am so much happier when I am loving and caring for someone. This sounds cheesy, but love really does make the world go round. If there wasn't any love in this world nobody would do service. Therefore, everybody would be on their own which is very difficult to accomplish things that. Christ is the ultimate example of love. Charity is defined as the pure love of Christ, which I know is true. No greater love abounds than His love for us. "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all thing, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." -1 Corinthians 13:4-7. I love this explanation of charity. Charity is self-less and does last forever. Christ served others because He loved them, not because He wanted the fame and glory of it. He died for us because He loves us unconditionally and forever. Charity never faileth; it will always abound in this world. I pray and hope I can implement charity and Christ-like love into my daily life, that I can treat others with the love that Christ treats me with. When I'm having a hard time, I sit and look at that picture of Christ on my bulletin board and I can just feel His love for me from His warm smile. I hope that by the way I treat others or simply by smiling at them, they can feel the love that I have for them. I have gained a greater testimony of loving others this year. I want all of my residents to feel they have a friend in me and that I do truly love them. I feel a motherly-like love for them in that I want them to do what's right and build on their testimonies of this gospel. I love being at this wonderful university and the opportunity to have such love for the friends I've already gained this year. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with. I love the RA's this year and I'm so grateful for all of them. I love my roommates; they are such good friends to me already. They are always there for me when I need something and can make me laugh on a really bad day. I love being there for them when they need me and just being able to spend time with them. I couldn't have asked for better roommates. I love my family and the love that they give to me. They are a great support system. I do miss them while I am down here at BYU but I'm grateful for the opportunities to talk to them. Lastly, I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. No one knows me the way They do. I'm so grateful for everything They have given me, good or bad. I feel I have been taught so much by Them in the month and a half that I have been here. I'm grateful for the love They show me. Christ's love is an everlasting principle that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment