Sunday, November 20, 2011

Open Doors

This painting is called "Let Him In" by Greg Olsen. I chose this painting because I feel that it is important that we let Christ into our lives. He is forever knocking at our door and whenever we need help, we just have to let Him in. In Matthew 7:7-8 it says, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." This is the perfect scripture to match this picture. I also just love the words because of the meaning and the poeticness of it. I am so grateful for Christ being there for me all of the time. If I ever need anything, I just have to ask. My favorite part is where it says "Knock, and it shall be opened unto you." Life is like a giant hallways with many doors leading off into different paths. I choose one door and that is the path I take. At one point, I come to another choice of doors. Sometimes it becomes super difficult to decide which door to choose. But if I simply knock on Christ's door He will guide me to the correct door. I am never alone in this life because Christ is always there for me. He may not be physically with me but in Spirit He is. I am so grateful for this gospel and the many doors it opens for me. I think that if I didn't have the gospel with me, my doors would be severely limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment